How do I book a school visit?
To discuss your requirements and to make a booking please call 0207 563 9551 or use the school booking enquiry form. Book at least four weeks in advance for visits at any time during the current academic year. During busy periods you may need to leave a message. Please be patient and be assured that we will return your call or respond to your enquiry as soon as possible. When you ring to book please have the following information to hand:
- Choice of dates and preferred times
- Number of pupils (please note that for EYFS and Key Stages 1-2, we have a minimum group size of 18. For Key Stages 3-4, we have a minimum group size of 15 pupils)
- Year group
- Any special learning needs, English as an additional language Level 1 or 2 of your pupils
- Any physical or medical needs of your pupils or staff that we should know about prior to your visit
- School address and telephone number
- School office and class teachers email address
- Workshop or session required
- If you require extra time in the gallery after your workshop has ended
The lunch room is available to book on request in 30-minute slots. Please note that there is great demand for this and early booking is strongly advised. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as possible. We aim to do this as quickly as possible but during busy times this may take a while. Please check the details carefully and get back to us if there are any errors.
More about your visit
To Support you in preparing for your visit teachers information will be included in the confirmation email. A Hazard Identification List checklist is available. Each class Primary School class must be accompanied by their teacher and at least two other adults at all times. Department for Education guidelines suggest the following adult to pupil ratios for visits of this kind:
- Years 4–6, 1:10–15
- Years 1–3, 1:6
- EYFS, higher than 1:6
Please note that teachers are responsible for the behaviour of their group at all times during their visit. Please read the teachers information and ensure that it has been shared with all accompanying adults.
If you have a query about your visit, phone 0207 563 9551. If you wish to cancel two weeks notice, in writing, is required, otherwise a fee will be incurred.
Tips on planning a visit
- Book up to an academic year in advance
- Have several alternative dates ready when you phone or email
- Have your school office and class teachers email address to hand
- Book the lunch room
- Book your session before you book transport
- During the summer the Wallace Collection front lawn is available for lunch. This does not need to be booked.